I got the idea for my blog title from the poetry collection Astrophil and Stella. Astrophil means star gazer and Stella means star. A star and her gazer, and in this collection the gazing is done from afar. I'm not entirely certain why I like the idea of a star owning another star. In the poems Stella never knows of Astrophil and his love for her, so I always wonder if she's gazing at someone else, in love secretly. This string of unknown adoration. And he would be her star, as she is the star to Astrophil.
It's a romantic idea, and I am nothing if not a hopeless romantic.
I was told a couple weeks ago, twice in the same day that I needed to be writing. And my best friend challenged me to be honest about the depression I have battled with ever since I can remember. So here, dear readers, I am going to be candidly honest. Not always beautiful, not always lovely and sweet, but honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment