I'm craving a new tattoo. I'm not sure if it's because I want something new and meaningful or because the pain sounds nice right about now, but either way I want one.
I have this theory that the Beatles song "All You Need is Love" is the quintessential truth. That if we all had so much love for one another, be they friends, lovers, partners, strangers, husbands, wives, family, then life would work out the way it is supposed to. I get that this is a naive thought, I really do. But if we all acted out of kindness and selflessness then maybe there wouldn't be any bad, and my relationships that keep ending because of someone being busy, or hateful, or whatever other reason, wouldn't have had to end. We could go on loving one another. I would never have lost a friend, my mother wouldn't drink too much or be depressed, children wouldn't be killing themselves in school parking lots. None of these terrible things would happen if love were all we needed.
But this was all to say that I'm trying to decide whether to get the Beatles' "love is all you need" or Walt Whitman's "some people are so much sunshine to the square inch" tattooed on me. My ultimate tattoo would be a garter belt with a little gun tucked in, but I think it's going to cost too much.
It's going to have to be after I go to Mexico anyway so that it doesn't melt right off my side into a puddle of dirty ink, or flake off into the ocean.
My ultimate goal for the night: paint my nails and try to stay warm.
No comments:
Post a Comment